Buy a 10 class card and get 5 classes for free!
Pediatric Health: Chinese Medicine for Kids
Tuesday, August 5th at 6:30pm
Learn about your child's health and overall well being and how to help it.
Do you know children who are suffering with unresolved health problems?
*7.1 million children have asthma
*5.2 million children (age 13-17) are diagnosed w/ADHD
*30 million kids & teens participate in organized sports
*3.5 million of those in sports result in injuries each year.
*More than 1/3 of our children are on prescription medications. Many of these medications have never been tested on children.
There ARE natural solutions to these problems!
Tuesday, August 5th come to our FREE workshop on pediatrics beginning at 6:30 pm. — at East Wind Studios.
FREE TUESDAYS @ 6:30pm
8/5........Pediatric Health: Chinese Medicine for Kids
8/12...................................Meditation w/ Randi Light
8/19.........................................How- to:Foam Rollers
8/26.....................Power Yoga Blend NEW CLASS!!
Handstands / Headstands Workshop
Saturday, August 16th 2:30-4pm
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR ANY LEVEL YOGI!!
And anyone looking to gain a great feeling of accomplishment and find trust within their own bodies.
We'll begin by warming up the body with simple warming poses then Tiffany will walk you through step-by-step on how to prepare for these amazing, benefiting inversions.
Headstand (and Handstands) are often referred to as the king of all yoga poses. Here are 10 reasons why headstand should be practiced everyday.
1. By reversing the flow of gravity, a headstand simulates a “face lift” by letting your skin hang in the opposite direction. The inverted position of a headstand also flushes fresh nutrients and oxygen to the face, creating a glowing effect on the skin.
2. Headstands increase nutrients and blood flow to the scalp, decreasing onset of grey hair. Some yogis say that it will even convert grey hair back to its natural color!
3. Headstands stimulate and provide refreshed blood to the pituitary and hypothalamus glands. These glands are vital to our wellbeing, and are considered the master glands that regulate all other glands in the body (thyroid, pineal, and adrenals).
4. When the adrenal glands are flushed and detoxified with headstands, we create more positive thought. Depression will decrease, as going upside down will almost always put a smile on your face.
5. It's great to bust out a headstand at a party. Your peers will be impressed!
6. Improved circulation occurs with a headstand practice. Because the heart constantly has to pump blood upward to the brain, the headstand gives the heart a rest and reduces unnecessary strain. In addition, while in headstand de-oxygenated blood is able to flow more easily from the extremities to the heart.
7. Any fluid that is retained in the feet is able to drain (edema), therefore reducing the onset and prevalence of varicose veins.
8. Headstands increase digestive fire and increase body heat. The intestines are cleansed by reversing the pull of gravity, while releasing congested blood in the colon.
9. Headstands strengthen deep core muscles. To hold a straight headstand for an extended period of time, the practitioner must engage the obliques, the rectus abdominus and the transverse abdominus. To really engage and strengthen the core, pike the legs by lifting and/or lowering both legs at the same time when coming in and out of the pose.
10. Eliminate your chances of having an ischemic stroke, as scientific evidence shows that this type of stroke rarely occurs in individuals that consistently do headstands!
Info Provided by MindBodyGreen
$15 in Advance / $20 at Door
Relax and Restore
Wednesday, August 27th 10-11:30am
Thursday, August 28th 7:30-9pm
Join Elly for a peaceful, restorative journey to open and release your body through easy flowing stretches, poses and breath work for find calm, peace, and inner strength.
$15 in advance / $20 at door
CLASSES YOU DONT WANT TO MISS
Pure Energy Yoga w/ Kristy- Liquid Wave yoga offers a unique connection between the spine and core which will allow the body to "flow" in a whole new way. Experience traditional poses with a unique twist involving waves of movement and energy infused with our deep core breath for a class experience that is challenging with out being overwhelming. Our Liquid practice gives us a unique experience to celebrate our strength, courage, and power.
"our yoga should reflect the unique inner and outer beauty we all have to offer to ourselves and to our lives outside the studio." -Kristy
w/ Sherri- Vinyasa Flow means "to place or arrange in a special way". It synchronizes the movement with the breath and as a result, the practice can become more meditative which helps to connect the mind with the body.
This class is physically invigorating and will get the heat cranked! It creates strength, flexibility and stability in the body while keeping the breath smooth and deep. Sherri ends class with a well deserved, delicious savasana incorporating her crystal bowl and essential oils for an experience like no other. You will leave feeling cleansed, strengthened, motivated and poised in your power and grace.
w/ Jane- Tai Chi for Adults consists of fluid, gentle movements that are slow in tempo. Over the past ten years more and more research has been done that encourages people with a wide range of medical issues such as arthritis, cardiac rehab, Parkinson, stroke rehab, high blood pressure, balance problems, and depression to practice Tai Chi. Mayo Clinic has recommended Tai Chi to improve strength, flexibility, balance, well being and overall fitness. Our class combines these traditional movements with simple, easy to learn relaxation techniques. Many students have reported better balance, significant pain relief, increased sense of well being, and improved physical ability. So, come join us and learn some new tools to manage stress and allow you to feel better.
w/ Diana- energy building flow yoga with series of salutations of flowing movements, posture building poses, and deep breathing.
w/ Jane- Introspection/meditation – a mix of meditation techniques designed to relax, inspire, and wind down your brain. Recommended for beginners, experts, and everyone in between.
w/ Elly- Learn the basics of yoga, terms used and proper breathing techniques to prepare yourself for advancement to vinyasa flow yoga classes.
Our studio is open during all class times.
We are also open walk-in hours...